Car Accidents

If you were injured in a traffic accident as a passenger in a automobile or truck or if injured while riding a motorcycle, bicycle or any other motorized vehicle due to the negligence of another, you may have the right to recover monetary compensation for your pain, suffering and other damages associated with such accident.  Such monetary recovery will vary based on the type of insurance coverage available at the time of accident as well as the type of vehicle you were on or in at the time of accident.  We strongly recommend that you contact our office immediately after an accident so that we may investigate the coverage available to you and determine which laws apply to your case.\

Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist

Uninsured Motorist or UM Coverage is probably the most important auto coverage you should purchase, especially in Florida. That’s because UM pays for your personal injury losses in case someone with no insurance crashes into you. Remember that Florida does not require automobile owners to purchase liability insurance in case they hurt someone else in an accident. So imagine your driving down the street minding your own business and someone runs a stop sign and crashes into you. Imagine that aside from the pain and suffering associated with that accident, you have $50,000.00 in outstanding hospital bills resulting from this accident. Under Florida law, you would personally be responsible for these medical bills even if someone else caused the accident. Now imagine that the person that caused the accident had no insurance or only had Florida’s minimum insurance requirements which DO NOT cover personal injuries caused to others. What do you do now?